Recently I was interviewed by Canadian national newspaper Globe and Mail writer Denise Deveau on developing for mobile devices in Flash Lite, the article talks about the current status of mobile development, and why developers are moving to Flash Lite.
The article is a good read for the general public (it’s under the Business : Innovation section). Some key points to take away:
- Flash Lite is likely to change the user experience on mobile devices, like it did to the webspace.
- Flash Lite can change the look and feel of mobile user-interface, applications and games, making them more fun and easer to use.
- It is a great channel to apply one’s creative spirit.
- Unlike countries such as Japan where Flash on mobile is extremely common, it may take 18 to 24 months for Flash to be adopted significantly on mobile phones in North America.
- Many developers are betting on Flash for mobile devices
As I was away on a trip in Asia (after speaking at the Adobe MAX conference in Seoul on mobile development), the interview was done over several email at around 1 am local time, and ended abruptly when I left the computer and went to sleep. Hope what I said makes sense!